Wednesday, April 21, 2010

before I got busted...........

Basically the story is that I got busted for stealing money from the company I used to work for. Nothing really too interesting. I will be the first one to tell you that I am guilty. The temptation was too great.

I was in charge of a division of the company where it handled a lot of cash every day, and I was also in charge of all the bank accounts and accounts payable. I probably could have gotten away with it if I didn't get greedy. If I just skimmed the cash no big deal. I mean it was around $1000.00 a day Monday to Friday. But I got greedy and started to write checks payable to my self and a dummy company I set up and I even forged the VP's signature. At the end I was accused of stealing $150.000 over a period of 2 years.

I was sentenced to 1 year in County Jail. I served 6 months and was released with 5 years probation. But this is not a story about how I got to jail. It's about what happened in jail. Now before you let your imagination go wild nothing bad happened to me in jail. I did though meet a lot of people with interesting stories to tell me. This blog is about all those stories that were told to me. Now these stories might not be 100% accurate but it was told to me this way so that is how I will be telling it.

No comments:

Post a Comment